Whether you are striving for gold or would like to reach a personal goal, we can help! It doesn’t matter if you are an elite athlete, playing a recreational sport or being active to stay healthy; you want to perform at your best.
A dietitian can help you choose the optimal amount of food, and the right type of foods, fluids and supplements for your specific sport. This will give you the fuel you need to be stronger, faster, and give you that extra edge! With the right food at the right time, you will perform better and recover faster so you are ready for your next practice. We work with individual athletes or entire sports teams. We will work closely with you to tailor a program that best suits your needs!
A well-designed nutrition plan is often the element that is missing from an athletes training program
Top 10 reasons to meet with a dietitian:
- You want to Improve exercise or sports performance
- You want to gain muscle mass or lose body fat
- You want to gain muscular strength and power
- You want to increase stamina and endurance
- You want to choose the best foods and fluids to eat before, during and after exercise or sport
- You want to make better food choices and need ideas for buying and preparing food
- You experience gastrointestinal problems that keep you from performing at your best
- You are an athlete who has medical conditions that may interfere with your performance and would like nutritional guidance (i.e. diabetes, food allergies, abnormal iron status, cardiovascular problems, etc).
- You are often sick with a cold and would like ideas to improve your immune system
- You would like to learn how nutrition can prevent sport or exercise injuries
“Getting that nutritional edge is going to be what separates a player from the pack” ~Gary Roberts, NHL player
Our dietitians cover these main areas:
- Dietary analysis: nutrition adequacy (carbohydrates, protein, fat, micronutrient and antioxidant levels)
- Training nutrition: fuelling and recovery
- Medical concerns: dealing with medical issues such as diabetes, anemia, food allergies etc.
- Weight management: strategies for weight/skinfold reduction
- Bulking up: nutrition planning to meet requirements of weight training program, supplements
- Meal planning: recipe ideas, weekly meal plans
- Competition eating: preparation (i.e. carbohydrate loading, hydration), single day vs. multiday events, travel, food and fluid timing
- Hydration: hydration testing, sweat rate testing, daily/training fluid needs, best fluids for specific sports
- Anthropometrics: weight and height (BMI), body composition (skinfold testing)