Medical Nutrition Therapy
Nutrition and diet play an important role in the prevention and management of many diseases and health conditions.
Medical Nutrition Therapy (MNT) can only be performed by a registered dietitian. This service includes diagnosing the nutrition problem, prescribing nutrition strategies based on evidence-based practice guidelines and monitoring and evaluating client success.
Our dietitians are available to provide medical nutrition counseling in a variety of areas including:
- Pre-diabetes or type II diabetes
- High cholesterol
- High triglycerides
- High blood pressure
- Gastrointestinal issues (irritable bowel syndrome, ulcerative colitis, crohn’s, celiac disease)
- Managing symptoms such as nausea, constipation, diarrhea, etc.
- Low FODMAPS diet for irritable bowel, GI issues
- Rehabilitation (i.e. from surgery or injury)
- Allergies/ intolerances
- Mental health
- Wound healing
- Kidney stones
“The doctor of the future will give no medicine, but will educate his patients in the care of the human frame, in diet, and in the cause and prevention of disease. ” ~Thomas Edison
For more information about the appointments and services available, see our appointments section.